„Crash Course on Offshore Wind Energy” sucessfully held in Gdańsk
On 26 October 2012 „Crash Course on Offshore Wind Energy” was held in Gdańsk (Poland). The event attracted almost 90 people: students and graduates of technical studies, offshore business representatives and others which were interested in expanding advanced knowledge on offshore wind energy. Lectures were given by Danish experts from DTU Wind Energy: Peggy Friis who substituted for Niels-Erik Clausen, unfortunately absent that day for being sick, Witold Skrzypiński and Alfredo Peña. Polish aspects were presented by Mariusz Witoński from Polish Offshore Wind Energy Society.
POMCERT has been preparing to the event since June asking potential participants about their expectations from Crash Course. More than 200 answers on questionnaire distributed among interested parties have given reliable overlook on what subjects should be included and allowed to construct the schedule adjusted to preferences of participants:
- Introduction to Offshore Wind Energy in Poland, Andrzej Tonderski, POMCERT
- Offshore Wind Power Meteorology, Alfredo Peña, DTU Wind Energy
- Technology Status, Outlook and Economics, Peggy Friis, DTU Wind Energy
- Design and Construction of OWF, Witold Skrzypiński, DTU Wind Energy
- Environmental Impact Assessment, Peggy Friis, DTU Wind Energy
- Legal Aspects and Outlook for Poland. Grid connection, Mariusz Witoński, POWES
Participants were awarded qualification certificate for completion of 8-hour course.